May 2, 2018
Due to growth, we have an opening for an Applications Engineer in Austin, Texas
What you get to do:
To provide technical sales support to customers; to configure preliminary designs and calculate cost quotations for projects.
- Receive and review requests for bid or quotation and technical specifications.
- Determine scope of supply, and select proper equipment and technology for the application.
- Interpret customer requirements. Confer with customers to understand and anticipate their needs and recommend configurations meeting the requirements.
- Perform process and equipment sizing calculations.
- Create estimate and price structures.
- Prepare customer quotations. As necessary, confer with Project Management, Engineering, and Procurement to gather information.
- Prepare preliminary sketches and identify preliminary product specifications.
- Process sales orders and sales documentation.
- Provide customers and potential customers with pre-sale technical assistance and product education.
- For RPG projects; ensure the engineering design of the equipment meets the project requirements and customer specifications.
- For RPG projects; confer with engineers and drafter as required for project deliverables and resolution on any process design issue.
- Visit potential customers and/or make technical presentations as required.
- Pre-& Post Sales Technical Support calls with Customers, Sales & Service personnel.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Education, Training, Experience, and Overall Knowledge/Skill: Plans, organizes and evaluates multiple operational activities and/or makes professional recommendations using specialized knowledge of a scientific, technical, or administrative discipline.
- Typically requires completion of university training in engineering or general business and/or equivalent expertise in a technical field. Typically requires 2 years of related experience. May require bi-lingual fluency.
What's in it for you: We offer competitive compensation and benefit package to include: Health, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) match and more!