September 6, 2017
We have an opportunity at Aereon for a Controls Technician Helper at our global headquarters in Austin, TX
What you get to do:
- Layout, Mounting, and Assembly of Controls Components on Enclosure Backpanel and Door.
- Moves material and assemblies to/from work station utilizing forklift, cranes, pallet jack, and hand carry
- Holds, positions, and reads tape measure and/or square to assist in backpanel layout.
- Inventories Parts against the Traveler and Drawings to ensure accuracy.
- Prepares Terminal Block Labels, Enclosure Labels, and Wire Labels utilizing the Terminal Block Plotter, Wire Label Printer, and Label Machine and the associated software programs for each machine.
- Performs controls wiring on basic controls systems such as AC/AL, ESI, FFG, and Motor Control Panels under general supervision.
- Performs controls wiring on advanced control systems such as Thermal Oxidizers and Multi-Pilot ESI and FFG Control Panels under direct and general supervision.
- Performs conduit installation and interconnect wiring on basic controls systems such as ESI and FFG Control Systems under direct and general supervision.
- Cleans, marks, and moves finished work to the appropriate location
What you need to succeed:
- Ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, Drawing Bills of Materials and Panel Layouts in order to assemble and wire basic control panels and systems.
- General knowledge of electrical wiring and construction principles.
- General knowledge of desktop computer operating software (MS Windows).
- Able to operate and effectively utilize basic hand power tools and label printers: die grinder, power drill, hydraulic punch, power screwdriver, jig saw, pipe threading machine, wire label machine, terminal block printer, and identify and replace consumables for said equipment as needed..
What's in it for YOU:
- Generous PTO plan, competitive employer sharing cost for medical, dental, 401(K) match, company-paid life insurance, short/long-term disability and more!