July 7, 2017
What you get to do:
- Manage proposal team (Application Engineers and support staff) for Service, Emissions Testing and Aftermarket Sales opportunities. Set objectives, create policies and procedures, and track performance against expectations.
- Lead and direct contract review and Service project award negotiations (including all technical, commercial, and legal aspects).
- Follow market trends, identifying sales and business development opportunities that will position the company in the marketplace for service and new service offerings. Create a strategy to select targets, set priorities, and monitor results of service business.
- Manage the development and implementation of actions to deliver the Service business plans.
- Develop and execute strategies, policies and procedures to effectively manage Field Service Technicians.
- Confer to the Project Execution Team to ensure the satisfactory execution of Service and Bid Projects on time and within Gross Margin goals.
- Develop and implement organizational changes required to support the company’s vision, mission, and objectives.
- Provide technical expertise in supporting the Sales Team during the project bidding process including technical and commercial proposal preparation as well as client negotiations.
- Develop marketing materials to support all Service offerings and initiatives.
- Confer with customers, the Sales Team, and the Legal Team to create Master Service Agreements (MSA’s) and service agreements with key customers.
- In coordination with Legal department, create and execute appropriate service contracts, non-disclosure agreements (NDA’s) with clients, contractors, and consultants.
- Supervise staff in accordance with policies and procedures, to include: interviewing, hiring, coaching/counseling, performance appraisals, discipline, and work assignments/scheduling.
What you need to succeed:
- BS or BA Degree required; BS in Engineering preferred but not required, or a combination of education and experience required.
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of relevant experience leading a Service or Maintenance organization in the US with a focus on Terminals and/or Refineries (Midstream and Downstream).
- Equipment Installation and/or Maintenance in Terminals and/or Refineries experience preferred.
- Must be willing to be on call (including weekends) and be available for domestic and international travel.
What’s in it for YOU:
Generous PTO plan, competitive employer sharing cost for medical, dental, 401(K) match, company-paid life insurance, short/long-term disability and more!