July 12, 2018
INSTRUMENTATION AND CONTROL ENGINEER IN AUSTIN, TEXAS
Due to growth, we have an opening for an Instrumentation and Control Engineer in Austin, Texas
What you get to do:
This role will be responsible to develop safe and economic control design and then help with the selection of instruments and help project team to have the equipment built, tested, and commissioned.
Essential Activities (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Working with other disciplines to create Piping and Instrument Diagrams
- Specifying valves, blowers and instrumentation
- Understanding & applying customer specifications and national and/or regulatory codes
- Designing industrial controls and instrumentation to include control panels, wiring, testing, commissioning and troubleshooting
- Programming and setup of PLC (Allen Bradley, GE and Siemens), HMI, VFD, Controllers, Recorders, etc.
- Attend meetings with customer and vendor to finalize details and reply/ clarify technical points
- Willing to travel to site to for field support and commissioning
What you'll need to succeed:
- BS Bachelor degree in instrumentation, Mechanical, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with instrumentation engineering of combustion equipment
- Knowledge of wiring diagrams and enclosures
- Hands on experience to develop product PID, specifying instruments
- Experience with BMS Safety Systems and CCS (combustion control system)
- This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
- MS Electrical Engineering
- PLC design and programming experience
- 5+ years of experience in the field of flares or thermal oxidizers.
- Experience creating electrical schematics and project documentation
- Experience with reading and understanding Piping and Instrument Diagrams (P&ID’s)
- Experience applying and understanding National and/or regulatory codes (including The National Electrical Code)
- Experience with specifying valves & instrumentation, PLC & HMI programming experience (Allen Bradley and Siemens a plus)
What's in it for you: We offer competitive compensation and benefit package to include: Health, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) match and more!