July 2, 2018
PROPOSALS AND ENGINEERING APPLICATIONS TECHNICIAN IN AUSTIN, TEXAS
Due to growth, we have an opening for an Engineering Applications Technician in Austin, Texas
What you get to do:
To create proposals for standard products and custom projects of minimal complexity. To provide technical support and information to customers.
Essential Activities (with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Generate proposals for standard equipment:
- Select proper equipment model and size
- Determine pricing
- Prepare Confirming Quotes and Confirming Estimates.
Generate proposals for less complex (Level 1 & 2) custom projects:
- Confer with Manager, Applications Engineering or Applications Engineers
- Interpret customer requirements. Recommend configurations to best satisfy their requirements, c. Perform process calculations
- Prepare preliminary drawings/sketches
- Prepare Confirming Quotes and Confirming Estimates
- Manage the sales process from internet/website activity. Respond to inquiries and generate proposals as described above.
- Provide customers and potential customers with pre-sale technical assistance and product education. Assist Reg Sales Managers with technical assistance.
- Solicit customer feedback. Communicate issues to management (Project Management, Engineering, Quality Assurance, etc.).
- Generate process documentation, including P&ID’s and process reports for sold projects.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Education, Training, Experience, and Overall Knowledge/Skill:
- Plans, organizes and evaluates multiple operational activities and/or makes professional recommendations using specialized knowledge of a scientific, technical, or administrative discipline.
- Computer Skills: Uses computer functions such as complex word processing, built-in spreadsheet functions and creates macros; database searches and subroutines.
- Bi-lingual fluency preferred.
- Degree is preferred but not required.
What's in it for you: We offer competitive compensation and benefit package to include: Health, dental, vision, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, 401(k) match and more!