Firecat with Knockout Drum
Portable VCU / Thermal Oxidizer
AEREON offers both short- and long-term rental options in the USA for trailer-mounted portable vapor combustors/thermal oxidizers (PVCUs) for use in the destruction of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). Perfect for applications that don’t allow a visible/open flame, these systems are commonly used in fuel storage and loading terminals, and in Industrial tank and pipeline de-gassing operations.
Compared to elevated flares, the PVCUs have a more limited capacity and, as a result, are not as favored in large-volume gas applications (such as well-testing) unless visible flaring is not allowed.
The AEREON PVCUs are designed for safe, efficient, smokeless operation. They have been tested and certified to meet U.S. Federal Emission Guidelines.
Typically included in each rental unit:
- De-gassing blower — can be isolated when not in use
- Detonation arrester with one (1) temperature element
- Human machine interface (HMI) control for ease of operation
- Temperature management system with automatically adjustable air dampers and control valve to provide the assist gas control. Note that in some cases, assist gas may not be required.
- Stack temperature recording capabilities where required by the customer or regulatory agencies
- Safety and regulatory shut down alarms
- 100’ feet of 8” flexible waste gas hose
- 100’ feet of signal alarm wire — used to tie in safety and regulatory alarms
AEREON has certified technicians located strategically for equipment installations and equipment removal after use.
For more information regarding portable thermal oxidizing systems, please contact us.